This blog published a piece on hazing in which former quarterback Don McPherson denounced it.Â Right after the expected endorsement of hazing as a way to get respect, one young person wrote this.Â I found it very sad. Whatever happened to stronger athletes sticking up for a teammate out of respect for the team and individual:
We had a hazing incedent last year at my school in Massachusetts. The seniors picked on a fat freshman kid on the football team. Some things they did to him were…
1. Ultimate wedgie
2. when showering they would slap him hard and leave hand prints.
3. punch him in the private area
4. shot him with a blow dart thing and BB gun once at a team dinner.
5. At another team dinner they took off all his clothes, threw him outside in the rain and threw food at him.
6. put his football equipment in the shower.
7. One kid hit him with his dress up shoe a lot of times…
There was more but I can’t remember them all.