LOGAN, Utah (ABC 4 News) – The Utah State University student who admitted giving the alcohol to Michael Starks is going to jail.
Starks was found dead of alcohol poisoning after an initiation ritual into the sigma nu fraternity with their sister sorority chi omega.
Whitney Miller admitted to supplying the alcohol for the ritual. In exchange, prosecutors dropped the hazing charge against her.
Monday in court, a judge sentenced her to miller to 30 days in jail, three years of probation and 2-hundred hours of community service where she will have to talk to high school students about the dangers of alcohol.