SUNY Geneseo has suspended the women’s volleyball program after police alerted campus officials to an underage drinking party that took place Saturday night. An 18-year-old woman was taken to NOYES Memorial Hospital Sunday morning at 8 a.m. for alcohol poisoning.
Authorities determined that at a home on Court Street, eight victims were blindfolded, handcuffed, and ordered to drink alcoholic beverages. All of the victims are freshmen and members of the women’s volleyball team.
Eleven women have been arrested, charged with first degree hazing and first degree unlawfully dealing with a child, and three are from western New York.
Alysia Negron of Buffalo, Alexandra Wende of Williamsville, and Julia Ganglof of Lancaster were all arrested on Friday. All three are 20-years-old.
- Laura Galvin, 21, of Baldwinsville
- Noelle Morrison, 20, of Stoneybrook
- Sarah Dewey, 19, Cooperstown
- Carissa Gagliardi, 19, of Wantagh
- Megan Johnson, 19, of Moriches
- Laura Rahab, 21, of East Northport
- Courtney Long, 20, of Rochester
- Megan Reed, 21, of Horseheads